Last week (ish) t.e.d.d.y. who blogs at Funky Air Bear nominated me for a Leibster blog award! Yay! Sorry I’ve been slow getting round to posting about it but with Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2013 last week I didn’t have time to do another post. So here goes:
If you’re wondering what this is all about, here’s the gist of it from t.e.d.d.y.’s blog:
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and it’s purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
What’s with all the elevens??
Now, I should warn you all in advance that I’m rubbish at these kind of things.
If someone asks me one of those hypothetical questions like:
‘If you were a vegetable, what kind would you be?’ my thoughts go something like this:
‘Which vegetable is the most indecisive?’
‘Don’t be daft vegetables don’t have a conscience! Or maybe they do? What if they do, but we just haven’t discovered it yet? Didn’t I hear that vegetables scream but it’s outside the range of human hearing?’ *mind wanders*
Then I just decide that I have no idea what vegetable I would be and that it was a silly question anyway.
Ok, so errm….. facts….
- I hate telling people about myself and I’ve got a complete mental block on facts about me.
- My name is Charlotte, but you can call me Lottie (everyone else does).
- I’m a knitter!
- I work part time in a yarn shop.
- When I’m not doing that I design knitting patterns freelance.
- When I’m not doing that I knit things for fun.
- Occasionally I make jewellery (earrings are my favourite, but I don’t knit those).
- My favourite sport to watch on TV is motorsport. I follow lots of different types.
- It all started with Formula 1 back when Schumacher and Hakkinen were fighting for the 1999 World Championship – Mika Hakkinen won :).
- But now I follow: BTCC (British Touring Car Championship – my favourite!), Moto GP, WRC and other lower categories as well.
- This is a lot of motorsport to watch (each weekend of BTCC coverage is about 6 hours long!) – no spoilers please! – I’m quite behind and it’s all recorded!
1. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word “crafts”? Knitting!
2. If there is one thing you would change about your character, what would it be? Good question! I would definitely be calmer and less of a worrier – life would be so much less stressful if I didn’t wind myself up!
3. Mountain or Beach? Mountian, but I always liked the beach as a child and I have many very happy memories of family beach holidays in Wales.
4. Bike or Drive? Neither! Walk 🙂
5. If you could eat unlimited quantities of one food, what would it be? Garibaldi biscuits! Once I start I can’t stop.
6. Cooking at home or Eating at a restaurant? Eating out – it’s always nice to try new things. But if I’m tired nothing beats home comforts.
7. What is the first section of a grocery store you go to? Why don’t grocery stores have a knitting section???? This is a question that needs asking!
8. Do you like chocolate? Yes, but I don’t eat very much of it and I like dark chocolate best.
9. Pastel colours or Bright colours? Bright colours! Like this!
10. What is your favourite craft? Knitting!
11. Tea or Coffee? Tea. I only like coffee in cakes 🙂
So now to the eleven questions for my nominees to answer (I’ll be writing a post later this week answering these questions myself as well):
- Knitting or crochet?
- What was the first thing you ever knitted or crocheted?
- Can you crochet? If you don’t crochet do you want to learn, or are you happy with just knitting?
- Knitting/crocheting garments or accessories?
- Natural fibres or synthetic fibres?
- When you choose yarns, do you choose according to the colour or the fibre?
- Self striping yarns (like Noro) or plain yarns?
- Varigated yarn that does the work for you, or semi-solid yarn that shows off details?
- Cables or lace?
- Fairisle or intarsia
- What is your favourite knitting or crochet book and why?
My eleven nominees (if you already have more than 200 followers please just ignore me and don’t feel obliged to take part if you don’t want to for any other reason):
- polka-dots and sparkles
- Knits and Crafts of Derring-do
- Danni and Charlie do craft
- The Knit McKinley
I need an eleventh blog to nominate! If you know anyone else’s blog that you think deserves a look and has less than 200 followers, leave comment below, and I will nominate my favourite.
Please go and check out their lovely blogs if you can 🙂