I’ve been nominated for another award, this time by the lovely All Night Knits (you should go and check out her blog – it’s great)! Thank you!
This time it’s the Versatile Blogger award. Do I really deserve this?
Now I’m not really sure that crocheting a small fez for a teeny knitted meerkat and putting it on the internet counts as versatile, but perhaps I’ll have to try harder. Can a knitting blog really be versatile without going off topic? (Answers on a postcard please.)
Anyway, here goes nothing…….
Time for the rules (no rolling your eyes at the back there):
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Done!
- Include a link to their blog. Done! (This is easy, two down already wayhey!)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Fifteen! Give me a minute….. *wanders off to look at nice blogs*)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Seven things? But I already did ten things last time I got an award. *Ponders*
Ok so here’s how I’m going to go about this. Not everyone likes to do blog award posts, as it interrupts the flow of posts on a particular subject, and let’s be honest it is difficult to make a blog post like this interesting to read (but I will try my best). Also I don’t want to make anyone feel pressured about doing a post like this if they don’t want to. Hard and fast rules can turn these sort of things into a bit of a chore.
So I’m just going to give you a nice list of blogs that you should go and have a look at if you have a few minutes to spare. Some are well known (Kate Davies Designs) and some are hidden gems.
If you see your blog on the list….. lucky you! You’ve got a blog award! Post about it if you like, display the award in your sidebar, have fun with it, but don’t feel constrained by it or obliged to post about it if you don’t want to.
- Writing from Scotland
- AndreSue Knits
- Stitch and Purl
- Creative Pixie
- All She Wants to Do Is Knit
- Danni and Charlie do craft
- For the Knit of It
- Nothing But Knit
- Knits and Crafts of Derring-do
- Kate Davies Designs
- True Brit Knits
Seven things about me:
- I knit a lot.
- I crochet a bit.
- I collect yarn ‘by accident’. Seriously, I never mean to buy any more, it just needs a good home! *innocent face*
- I work in a yarn shop.
- I design knitting patterns in my spare time and even get them published :).
- Points number 4 and 5 do not help with point number 3.
- I haven’t got tired of this knitting related work, knitting related moonlighting, knitting related hobby combination yet.
- I can’t count.
Now finally I need to say thank you. Firstly to All Night Knits for nominating me, and secondly to all of you who are reading this, commenting and following my blog. Every time any of you do that it feels like a little award in itself. 😀